Thursday, April 5, 2007

International Food Festival

I really enjoyed the International Food Festival event we held in our classroom. All students were to create an international dish and make enough recipe cards so each person would leave with a ring of new recipes. I love cooking, so this chance to cook and eat so much food was quite enjoyable :) On the day of the festival we had our dishes aligned on a long table with a mark-up sheet next to each one. As we added the food to our plate we were expected to write our names and a guess to the origin of the dish. I brought an Indian Vegetarian Korma; this is my recipe card.



I can picture myself doing this activity in my own classroom because it can encourage students to talk about their culture and heritage, or even about another culture. This activity can also be a great opportunity for parents to become involved with their student and within our classroom's families. I think that students can learn more about their family traditions and about their culture in comparison to others.

No comments: