Thursday, May 3, 2007

About Me


Hello! My name is Jamie Galgana and I am an undergraduate student at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I am studying Elementary Education and expect to graduate at the end of the Spring semester of 2008. The methods courses I have taken prior to and concurrently with my practicum have strengthened my desire and confidence in ability to become a highly qualified teacher.
I plan on using my creativity to lure students into wanting to learn and believe that all students can learn when motivated. I have learned how to write effective lesson plans and use a variety of techniques in teaching that suit the needs of different individuals' learning styles. I feel that the university has prepared me to become a successful educator of elementary school students and I believe I will do this with confidence.
While teaching in the Elementary classroom I plan on pursuing my education and professional development. I anticipate receiving my doctorate degree and perhaps teaching at the collegiate level. I would love to impact pre-professionals in a way my professors have done me. Additionally, I hope to exercise my creative talents in writing and illustrating of children's literature. These ambitions have been mine for some time now and I hope to achieve them. I believe myself to be a hard worker and always expect to produce outcomes of which I am proud.

No comments: